Saturday, March 23, 2013

Should be writing an essay...

This past week has been studying/working non-stop. I only have 3 more days of class this next week and then a month for spring break! Of course there is one more essay and a test standing in my way. Both are for my architecture class, I am getting a little sick of architecture at this point...
BUT 4 days until my family is here and 10 days until I leave for my Prague/Salzburg/Munich/Brussels trip!

I posted a list of British English terms a while back and I've been adding more on since then. Here's the second half of the list:

Jumper = Sweater
Freshers = Freshman
Sweets = Candy
Toastie = Grilled cheese
Lad = Jock or guy that goes to pubs often
Fancy dress party = Costume party
Put it in your diary = Save the date in your calendar
Revision = Review/Study
Pop in = Drop by
Lemonade = Sprite-like substance
Amber = Yellow
Plaster = Band-Aid
Rubbers = Erasers (thats an awkward one)
Parcel = Package
Cider = alcoholic beverage, not anything like an apple cider
Buggy = Stroller
Marks = Grades

If you ever want the full list of British terminology let me know :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment