Friday, April 26, 2013

Lovely London :-)

Over the last two days, I've managed to take some nice touristy breaks from all this essay writing and revision! Thursday morning we got up at 5 am (YUCK) and caught the first Tube train at 5:28 to make it to London Bridge in time to watch the sunrise! It was really beautiful with Tower Bridge in the background. From there we walked all the way past Southwark Cathedral, Borough Market, Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, St. Paul's Cathedral, Fleet Street, the Strand, Trafalgar Square, St. James Palace, Buckingham Palace, and Green Park. I think it was about 3 miles, but we got to see so much of Central London in those 3 miles! We got on the Tube from Green Park and went to King's Cross (where we had a brief Harry Potter moment at Platform 9 3/4) and continued on to Aldgate east, where we got off to get breakfast at Brick Lane. The American pancake place was closed (sad) but we ate at the famous Bagel Bake! We did all this and got back before 10 in the morning!
Today, we went to Notting Hill Gate. I absolutely fell in love with the area, it is just so adorable!! The market there is called Portobello Market, I think it is my favorite of London's markets so far. They had several unique shops and Friday through Sunday there's a huge vintage market. From the film Notting Hill, we got to see the bookshop and the blue door from his house. (Yesterday we saw the Ritz and the Savoy which are also in the film!). They were some nice breaks encouraging me to get through all this studying and reminding me why I love London so much! So blessed to be living in this AMAZING city!!
We leave for Italy (Venice, Florence, then Rome) in 4 days! I finished my last essay, two more exams to go before I leave June 8. My first exam is on Monday (Neurobiology)... prayers would be much appreciated (AHHH).

No comments:

Post a Comment