Sunday, June 2, 2013

Fun-filled days

From today, I only have 6 days left!! We are not wasting a single minute of our time left here. We got back from Ireland last Tuesday. Wednesday I went to the London zoo in Regent's Park. The park itself was really beautiful, with tons of flowers and fountains. It was somewhat rainy/cloudy that day, so the zoo wasn't as crowded. Not all of the animals were outside, but I still loved it! I absolutely love zoos, I'm not sure I could ever not like one. Inside the reptile house, a scene from the first Harry Potter movie was filmed there (the one where he talks to the snake and it escapes). So that was pretty cool to see! They had some different species of animals than the ones I'm used to seeing in zoos in America. I really enjoyed it!

The next day my group of friends (Sammy, Sophie, Laura, Joanna) went out to eat at Greedy Cow (our favorite delicious burger place here!) one last time before Sammy left the next day. Then we decided to go see Epic at the cinema. Epic was SO GOOD. My favorite movie I've seen in a long time. Everyone should drop what they're doing and go see it right this second. It was so cute and really funny. That night, we went to our usual pub, New Globe, one last time with Sammy. On Thursday nights, only Queen Mary students can get in, so its always really fun.

First thing Friday morning, we had to say bye to Sammy (really very sad but it still doesn't feel real). After she left, Joanna and I toured St. Paul's Cathedral and climbed the 528 steps to the very top of the dome. Theres an amazing view of London from up there. The cathedral is also so beautiful! Then we met everyone else at Borough Market (my favorite in London!) for lunch and walked the short walk to Shakespeare's Globe. We had groundling tickets to see A Midsummer Night's Dream. The show was at 2, exactly the same time they used to do shows back in Shakespeare's day! The show was really so well done, I loved it! It was hilarious and all the actors were so good! If you're coming to London, I would definitely recommend seeing a show there! The standing tickets were only 5 pounds!

Yesterday Joanna, Sophie, and I went to Brighton, on the coast in Southern England. Its famous for having one of the best boardwalks ever. The train from London to Brighton was only about an hour long! It was a beautiful sunny day. We walked along the beach (it was a little strange cause it was a rocky beach, no sand) and walked along all the shops. There was a beach volleyball court (I'm DYING to play) and tons of ice cream and fish and chips places. We walked along the boardwalk, which was super nice. I guess I haven't been on many boardwalks but this one was so cute, with lots of doughnuts/crepes places, an arcade, food, shops, and tons of rides. We went on two of the rides and they were SO much fun! We got some cheap dinner and slowly headed back towards the station (definitely got some ice cream on the way back). By the time we got back to London that night, it was almost 11:00! It was really quite a lovely day by the beach :-)

Today was a nice relaxing day at Brick Lane (for the last time!). We've gone to Brick Lane almost every Sunday this semester. They have amazing food and tons of shops along the street. It was another nice sunny day, so full with people and things to do. What an amazing day to spend a Sunday! I'm going to miss Brick Lane. Tonight the plan is to have a girls night and watch Titanic with Joanna and Sophie since we just visited the Titanic exhibition in Belfast, yay! (And drink my favorite Kopparberg strawberry & lime cider one more time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment