Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Harrods

It felt like I had stepped out of my life and into some fairy tale movie.... I have never been any place like it. Harrods is the largest department store in Europe. But its not just any department store, its an upmarket department store. Which means I cannot afford a single thing in it. Every single item was in display cases and nothing had price tags. Each room had its own title and label above the entrance. "Luxury items 1" or "International Designers 4." It had 5 stories of anything you could possibly dream of. Pet spa, sporting equipment, Disney store, children's designer clothing, international designers clothing, make-up, gourmet groceries, perfume, technology, designer purses, furniture, bedding, luggage, candy, toys, tourist shop, ANYTHING. The swimsuit room was "by appointment only." We walked right in and back out. Each room had its own scent and music to give its own atmosphere. When you walk into the swimsuit room, it smells like vanilla and sunscreen, its crazy! My favorite room was the evening dress room. I can't even describe it. Looking back at the pictures, I don't know how I ever left. It was one after another beautiful evening gowns... straight off the red carpet. There were several just in display cases. Most of them didn't have price tags, but one did and it was 10,000 pounds!!!!!! Several of them were 100% silk and so soft. They had stunning fur coats that were the softest thing I'd ever felt. There was a princess dress I fell in love with. I think I was just so in shock I didn't know how to react. Otherwise, I never could have left. Throughout the entire place, it just felt like I couldn't even walk on the carpet. In case you were looking for diamond covered iPad/iPhone cases, those were available in the technology section. I can't even imagine going shopping on a regular basis in a place like that. New life plan: camp outside Harrods until I meet the man of my dreams and then I take him inside to buy me that princess dress. ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment