Sunday, February 3, 2013

Going off of 3 hours sleep...

Last night was one of my flatmate's birthdays. Which is fine, you can have a party. But then they came back at 3:30 in the morning and people were screaming in the hallways all night. They decided to "sleep" in the hallway of my flat (and by sleep, I mean continue to scream). Finally, at 5:30, the 4 of us Americans who couldn't sleep at all gave up and went to get breakfast. Nothing was open that early on a Sunday except a McDonalds. Then, we went to a bridge over the Thames and watched the sunrise! So it wasn't all bad, it was actually really beautiful :-) When we came back, there were people sleeping against my door and I had to kick them to get into my room. I didn't feel too bad. So I went to bed at 9:30 am and slept until about 1. To say the least, its been a rough day.
Sunset in London. Thats St. Paul's in the skyline, really beautiful!
Thursday, Angela and I went to Camden Market, which was UNBELIEVABLE. I think it was love at first sight. Just rows and rows of clothes, jewelry, shoes, purses, food, pretty much anything you can possibly think of. The market literally goes on for miles, its one of the biggest ones in London. After only 20 minutes, I looked down and I was already holding 4 bags. I got lots of good things, for very good prices, but that place is dangerous. Definitely going back :-)

Friday, I went to the Tower of London! Its one of my favorite places in London, it is just so cool! I got to go into the chapel there this time, which was super exciting! The Tudor nerd inside of me definitely came out, I got to see where Anne Boleyn and the other executed queens were buried. I learned that over 1,000 people were buried in that chapel! We saw the Crown Jewels, the White Tower, Bloody Tower, and the million other things to see there.

Yesterday we went to see Twelfth Night. It was totally NOT what we expected. The West End Twelfth Night show was sold out, so it automatically redirected us to this show at this tiny little pub. We had no idea, we just thought they switched venues. It was still good, but definitely not what we expected. Then that night we went to a jazz bar called the Palm Tree. Love that place! Its a mix of old and young people, with a band of older guys playing jazz and people dancing. Then, when I got back, it was the night of horror described above (STILL ANGRY). But thats ok, tonight we're going to Drapers (the bar on campus) to watch the Super Bowl. The game doesn't start until 11:30 here, so I probably won't stay for the whole thing, but thought it'd be fun to at least see some of it!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're still having fun. Hope you were able to stay awake in class today! What was it like to watch the Superbowl from there? I remember Monday Night Football being aired (live) on Tuesdays during the lunch hour in New Zealand, and it always made me feel a little like I was back home again. Where the Brits really confused, or did they understand what was going on?

    Get some rest!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally got 8 hours last night it was great! Feeling a little better :-) It was so much fun watching the Super Bowl here. It was probably 90% Americans there, so made it feel a little like home. The Brits who were there actually had a pretty good idea of what was going on. They probably knew just about as much as I did. To be honest, I wasn't watching the actual football too much!

      Delete