Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Lion King

I saw Lion King in the West End today! It was at Lyceum Theatre, which just so happens to be the theatre I will be writing one of my theatre essays on! The theatre was beautiful! For my essay, I'm writing a creative essay from the perspective of an audience member at a performance of Hamlet with Sir Henry Irving in 1874 at Lyceum Theatre. He was the first actor to be knighted and after him, acting became more of a professional occupation. I have a TON of research to do for the essay and I have to go to several archives and libraries in London to find original records from the production. Pretty intimidating!

I learned yesterday that if you order lemonade at a restaurant, they will bring you Sprite. Which is fine, I like Sprite, but totally not what I was expecting. I also learned that they call the color yellow amber, not yellow. So like at a stoplight, its red, amber, green. I'm still not sure I fully believe that one...

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I think they do call it amber. :-)
    That paper sounds like an excellent opportunity to spend plenty of time in really cool, old buildings and going to the theater! Hope you've got fun plans for the weekend! I'm so totally jealous of you!

    ReplyDelete