Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My classes are so cool!

I love all of my classes here :-)

On Sunday, I went on a backstage tour of the National Theatre for my Performance in History class. It was really cool, I had never seen anything like it! Then, I was doing some readings for that same drama class and there was a whole section talking about Paris and the Paris Opera House, where we had JUST been. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Paris Opera House. In class on Tuesday, she spent 10 minutes talking about the Paris opera house and how it was known as the epitome of a theatre building and several new theatres were built in the same style (although none can beat it in my opinion). I was almost to the point of tears when she started showing black and white pictures of the opera house stage, architectural plans, and opening night. The essay I have to write for this class will actually be kind of interesting to write (and I think I can work in the Paris Opera House a little bit!).
My Architecture in London class goes on visits every other week and its always super interesting! I am learning so many new things and getting to see parts of London I would never normally go visit. My Abnormal Psychology class is also really cool, a different expert is brought in every week to discuss different mental disorders. I just finished writing my essay on bipolar disorder. Today for my Neurobiology class, I went to a lab (of 100 people by the way... a little different from SU) and looked at slides of mouse brain under the microscope. Stuff like that is always cool!

On a different subject, the Queen visited Queen Mary today! I think it was on a different campus and I had class at the time, but that is a huge honor to QM! Very cool :-) Heres an article on it if you're interested: http://www.qmul.ac.uk/media/news/items/smd/91586.html?utm_source=Homepage&utm_medium=Shoutbox&utm_campaign=Slide1

1 comment:

  1. Oooooo. You need to be the second person to go and visit and sign the guest book...right under her name! Then it will look like you were there with her.

    Love to hear about your classes and what you're learning and getting to do!

    ReplyDelete