Friday, January 11, 2013

Its Here!

My Oyster card is officially here :-) Now I can really call myself a Londoner. An Oyster card can be used for the Tube, buses, and trains. So basically its what everyone here uses to get anywhere. Mine is a special student card, so I get a 30% discount!

I had no class yesterday or today, so its been a nice break (even though I've been doing a lot of reading...)! This afternoon we went to Sir John Soane's Museum, which was beautiful (and to Mother Teresa and Sir Lynn, it was free!)! Sir John Soane was a famous English architect in the early 1800s and he had an unbelievable collection of art and antiquities (over 55,000!). It was all crammed into his house, which was no bigger than my house at home. Pretty cool!

Tonight, we're planning on going to Brick Lane which has famous shops and markets. Then we'll explore the Shoreditch area which is supposed to have bars with cool and unique atmospheres!

No comments:

Post a Comment