Friday, January 4, 2013

No wifi?!?!?!?!

It's been a few days! And that's because I won't have wifi on campus until Monday... It's KILLING me.

Last Wednesday, I saw phantom of the opera in Piccadilly Circus which was AMAZING! Loved it.

Thursday: went to Arcadia orientation and headed to Queen Mary campus and moved into my room. Still exhausted from jet lag...

Today: Queen Mary orientation ALL DAY. Then registered for classes (called modules here). That was extremely stressful, I was running all over campus. Then a few of us went to the giant shopping center close by! I am now sitting at a pub sipping my strawberry and lime hard cider (DELICIOUS!) and there's finally some wifi! After I ordered, the guy totally said cheers to me ;-)

Tomorrow, we are exploring Central London and Sunday we're going on a bus tour around London with all the Queen Mary international students (there's over 200 of us!).

So until I have wifi again...

3 comments:

  1. Boy, I feel like a techno-dork. I am still having trouble learning how to post on this thing. Anyhow, I'm glad you're having fun. The wi-fi "fast" was probably good for you to help you focus. (Yeah, right.) Anyhow, go easy on the cider, but the next time you see the waiter dude, say "Ta" or "Cheers" when he brings you the drink. (It is like saying "Thanks") and he will be very impressed at your cultural awareness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's killing me that we can't text! I don't want to use up your texts so I'm scared to text you lol. But this is all so exciting! I'm living vicariously through you! I loved your picture of the chandelier on facebook - I'm glad you got to see Phantom again and carry on the tradition for us! I'm also glad you're finding drinks for me to sample, and I'll definitely have to get the names of the pubs you go to. And next time he gives you a drink and says "Cheers," you should turn on your cute Texas flair and meet him - I hear they like Texans! :) Also, send pics of the cute guys you flirt with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'll definitely fill you in on the drinks! I'm friending some of the guys on Facebook... so I'll keep you filled in on that. They do like it when I say y'all! I've gotten made fun of several times, but they try to say it and its hilarious!

      Delete