Sunday, January 13, 2013

Popcorn

Interesting fact... apparently buttered/salted popcorn is an American thing. When I went to the cinema last night I had to specifically say I wanted salt popcorn (instead of sweet). Then, I proceeded to search for the butter and salt and there wasn't any! So I just had to eat my plain untasteful popcorn. Most people here eat the sweet popcorn. Guess the buttery salty popcorn is for us fat Americans... Then tonight we saw this salted popcorn at the store, clearly labeled "American style." Very weird!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe I just need to move there for a while and losing weight would be so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is really weird!! So they all just eat kettle corn? Hmm weird! Do they have ice cream at the cinema? And yes, we Americans like our butter...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya they eat sweet popcorn, but they don't call it kettle corn! They didn't know what we were talking about when we said that! I'm not sure if they had ice cream at the cinema, they probably did, its everywhere else!

      Delete